State Scholarship Program
The New Jersey School Building and Grounds Association seeks to assist students who will continue their education by offering scholarships to students in search of an Associate or Bachelor's degree.
Any graduating High School senior is eligible to apply for a scholarship. A total of $5,000.00 has been budgeted for the 2017 Scholarship Program for up to five individuals based on the selection criteria. The individual scholarships are $1,000.00 each.
The scholarship payment will be made directly to the recipient upon proof of acceptance to an accredited college. Individuals interested in being considered must complete all application materials listed below and submit the required documents by the application deadline of February 15, 2017
Procedure for Submitting Application
- This information packet contains all the materials necessary to participate in the NJSBGA Scholarship Program.
- The scholarship information should be completed by both the applicant and his/her Principal or Counselor. As the instructions indicate, the applicants Principal or Counselor should complete Parts I, II and III, while Parts IV, V, VI and VII are to be completed by the applicant.
- Mail your completed application packet to the Program Director with a postmark no later than February 15, 2017
- PLEASE COMPLETE FORMS ON ONE SIDE ONLY FOR EASE OF COPYING.
- Please refrain from the use of abbreviations in completing your forms.
Each applicants application will be assigned an "APPLICATION NUMBER" to ensure impartiality and objectivity. A committee, composed of NJSBGA Executive Committee members, will judge each application.
The criteria for the judging of the applications will be as follows:
- ACT or SAT Composite Score 10 points
- Applicants cumulative grade point average 20 points (excluding spring semester grades)
- Applicants curriculum 15 points
- Financial need 25 points
- Extracurricular activities/work activities 20 points
- Essay 10 points
All winners will be announced at the State Committee Meeting held in June and will be contacted by the State Executive Committee.
ENSURE ALL REQUIRED FORMS ARE SIGNED AND ENCLOSED.
Mail the four (4) page application and two (2) letters to:
Kimberly A. Keener, CEFM, LEED Green Associate
Manager of Facilities and Community Education
Robbinsville Board of Education
155 Robbinsville-Edinburg Road
Robbinsville, New Jersey 08691